Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I don't get "LifeNews"

Often I've found a link to a great article excerpted on someone's blog, only to click the link to a LifeNews.com or LifeSiteNews.com site. As soon as I see the words "Life" in the title, I then have to worry about its impartiality and credibility. Now I'm all for full-throated partiality and partisanship for the unborn, but that doesn't help me when I want to forward a LifeNews.com article to a pro-choice friend or one on the fence. Imagine getting a link to a news article reported on a site called "ChoiceNews.com."

Secondly, LifeNews.com articles, like this one on Justice Ginsberg's latest argument to a feminist group that abortion rights and slaves' rights are analogous, often have no external links to a less obviously partisan primary source. So now I have to wonder how seriously to take the piece. Now I have to Google it [sigh]. LifeNews should know LIFE is too short for pro-lifers to have to worry about these things.